National News

Gas production rises by 8 per cent in Nigeria

This July, A total of 230.35 Billion Cubic Feet (BCF) of natural gas has been produced in Nigeria

When compared to the natural gas production of gas in June 2018, the above sum showed an increase of 8.81 percent.

This was contained in the NNPC Monthly Financial and Operations report for July 2018.

This report showed a total of 3,084.09BCF of natural gas produced between the July of 2017 and July 2018, meanwhile the average daily supplied gas to power plants remained 744.86mmscfd.

The NNPC Spokesman, Mr Ndu Ughamadu, stated that Joint Ventures (JVs), contributed an estimate of 69.38 percent while Production Sharing Contracts (PSCs) contributed around 21.69 per cent and the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) produced 8.93 percent of the total gas production in July this year.

55.98 percent of the supplied gas, equivalent to 127.19BCF, was commercialized of which 35.55BCF went to the domestic market while another 91.65 BCF went to the export market, and the remaining 44.02 per cent was flared, re-invested or used as upstream fuel gas.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close